Who is not using Facebook these days? If you do not have a fb account, “you are an alien” is what the world thinks of you. But do you know the facts and statistics about fb. I’m sure, you will be amazed. Read On here.
How it all began?
Founder Mark Zuckerburg, who was doing his degree in Computer Science at Harvard university, hacked his university website, collected all the girls photos from the website database and started a platform to rate the hotness of each girl based on their faces in the photos . Hence the name “face book“. The website began getting more visits as the days passed. Later he changed the idea into social communicating portal and founded Facebook Inc., on the 4h of February 2004.
The Hollywood Movie “The Social Networking” featured the complete story about “our fb“.
Facts about Mark Zuckerberg :
1. The 21 year old Mark became the youngest billionaire in the world.
2. Zuck’s Net Worth was $17.5 Billion as of March 2012.
3. Ranked #9 among the Most Powerful People in the world.
4. #35 – Forbes Rank.
5. 15 million subscribers to his page.
Source : Forbes
Zuckerberg’s fb page : http://www.facebook.com/zuck
Facts about facebook website :
1. Second most visited website after Google, with 24 million unique visits per day.
2. At the end of December 2004, there were already 1 millions users in just 8 months of it’s birth.
3. Website is available in 70 distinct languages.
Facts about Company :
1. 3,500+ employees world wide.
2. Facebook Inc. was initially launched with an investment of $500,000 by Peter Theil, co-founder of Pay Pal.
Users Statistics :
1. 901 million monthly active users at the end of March 2012.
2.Each user has around 130 Friends on an average .
3. Food is the most liked category.
4. More than 50% of fb users log on to their profile everyday.
5. 55% wall posts are from Women (Can’t help it, they are talkative..:-( )
6. 150+ million users log in to their account via Mobile.
7. 31% of users are single and 43% say they’re married/in-relation/engaged.
8. An average user spends 55 minutes per day on fb.
9. 71 million accounts are fake.
Users By Country :
According to the latest statisitcs
1. US leads with 15+ crores users, almost 50% of the country’s population.
2. Brazil stands at #2, having 5.3+ crore users.
3. India is 3d with 5.1 crore users (Yet only 4.1% of country’s population).